Arrows may not center when in edit mode. Once site is published, the arrow will be centered on the tab
When the site is published, this border and note will not show up.
Drag & drop your tab 1 content here
Candace A. Grand Pre, Ph.D
Franklin & Marshall College • firstname.lastname@example.org
Danielle L. Watts, Ph.D
U.C. Berkeley • email@example.com
Laurel G. Larsen, Ph. D
U.C. Berkeley • firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie N. Weitzman, M.S., Ph.D Candidate
Pennsylvania State University • email@example.com
Graduate of Franklin and Marshall unless specified
Lauren Manion ‘04, Graham Boardman ‘05, Caitlin Lippincott ‘05, Sauleh Siddiqui ‘07, Yoanna Voynova ‘06, Andrey Voynov ‘05, Alexandra Sullivan ‘06, Adam Ross ‘07, Mark Voli ‘08, Chris Scheid ‘08, Zach Stein ‘08, Julie Weitzman ‘08, Colette Buchanan ’08, Douglas Smith, ‘08, Alison Winterer, ‘09, Zain Rehman ‘09, Brian Hughes, ‘09, Erik Ohlson ‘10, Franklin Dekker ‘10, Stacey Sosenko ‘09, Liz Cranmer ‘09, Matt Jenschke ’09, Wanlin Deng ‘12, Katie Datin ‘12, Laura Kratz ’11, Andrea Shilling, ‘10, Yupu Zhao, ’10, Derek Matuszewski, ‘10, Austin Reed, ‘10, Alex DiIonno, ‘10, Joe Galella, ‘11, Erik Olsen, ‘11, Ali Neugebauer, ’11, Elvis Andino, ‘12, Peter Rippberger, ‘12, Aakash Ahamed, ‘12, Conor Neal, ’12, Danielle Verna , ‘12, Jordan Appleyard, ‘13, Apoorva Mathur, '13, Kayla Schulte, ‘13. Aaron Blair (IUP), ‘13, Erin Peck, ‘14, Xinyu Deng, ’15, Amber Carter, 15, & Peter Limburg, ’16, Dora Xu, ‘15, Yuning Bai, '17.
None of this research could have been done without the permission and support of landowners.
We thank the following individuals and families, who provided access to their property during crucial stages of our research and restoration implementation at Big Spring Run project site:
Joe Sweeney and Family
Matt Kirchner and Family
Harlan Keener and Family
Jim Frey and Family
Robert Houser and Family
Sylvia & David Batchelder
The Lancaster Farmland Trust (website)
We are especially grateful for the long-standing support of Joe Sweeney and Matt Kirchner, on who's property the restoration experiment was implemented, and on which active research continues to this day.
Drag & drop your tab 2 content here
- Completed survey and design documents for the final restoration plan including riffle/pool sequences, log sill grade control structures, natural woody debris placement, longitudinal profiles, and cross sections.
- Prepared permit application and coordinated with United Stated Army Corps of Engineers, PA Department of Environmental Protection, and local agencies to obtain approval to construct the project in compliance with clean water laws.
- Served as Prime Contractor, responsible for all construction activities and self-performing on-site engineering and construction management as well as all seeding, matting, planting, fencing and erosion and sediment control measures.
- Completed routine post-construction inspections to evaluate site stability and establishment.
- Performed post-construction maintenance to promote indigenous vegetation and suppress invasive species competition.
Drag & drop content here